Click to view
Subscribe to our News Releases
Grande Portage Resources Ltd.
Grande Portage Resources Ltd. (TSX-V "GPG") is a Tier 2 publicly traded mineral exploration company, principally focused on gold discovery in Alaska and British Columbia. The Company holds a 100% equity interest in the Herbert Gold property located approximately 25 km north of Juneau, Alaska. This discovery project represents the primary focus for Grande Portage.
The Herbert Gold Property is host to at least six main composite vein-fault structures that contain ribbon structure quartz-sulfide veins and lies prominently within the 160km long Juneau gold belt, which has produced nearly seven million ounces of gold through a total depth range of thousands of feet. Grande Portage conducted an initial drill program in the fall of 2010. The results from the drilling program confirm the identification of major elements of a complex mesothermal gold-quartz system with numerous targets. Subsequently, the Company has conducted follow up drill programs of with a total of 108 diamond drill holes from ten different platforms. The results have been most favorable with numerous multi-ounce gold assays returned.
Grande Portage is operated by experienced managers and professionals who have been effective in discovery, mine development, and mining operations throughout North and South America, Africa, Europe, and Central Asia. The Company is well financed with no debt.
Herbert Gold Property, Alaska:
Key facts and information about our Herbert Gold Property include:
- Revised NI#43-101 completed (Indicated resource of 821,100 tonnes containing 182,400 oz of gold at 6.91 g/t. Inferred resource of 51,600 tonnes containing 12,800 oz of gold at 7.73 g/t)
- The system is open to length and depth.
- Grande Portage (GPG) has earned a 100% interest in the Herbert Gold Property.
- The property is located 30 km north of Juneau, Alaska, and lies within the 160-km long Juneau gold belt, which has produced nearly seven million ounces of gold.
- GPG has already identified 6 or more promising gold-producing main composite vein-fault structures containing ribbon structure quartz-sulfides on the property.
- Herbert Gold is one of Alaska's most promising districts and has remained remarkably underexplored until now.
- Previous Company drilling has yielded numerous multi-ounce gold intercepts.
- 3rd year of baseline environmental water studies now completed.
Junior taps high-grade gold in SE Alaska
Technical Report Herbert Gold Property, April 2013