Your browser does not support javascript
Stock Quote:
Last: 0.01     Date: 11-21-2014
Volume: 36000   Time: 09:30
Change: even   15-20 min delay
TSX-V: GPG

News Releases

Corporate Presentation


Click to view

Subscribe to our News Releases

Grande Portage Resources Ltd.


Grande Portage Resources Ltd. (TSX-V "GPG") is a Tier 1 publicly traded mineral exploration company, principally focused on gold discovery in Alaska and British Columbia. The Company holds a 65% equity interest in the Herbert Gold property located approximately 25 km north of Juneau, Alaska. Grande Portage's joint venture partner, Quaterra Resources Inc. (TSX-V: "QTA", NYSE Amex: "QMM") holds the remaining 35% interest. Each party is responsible for its proportionate costs. This discovery project represents the primary focus for Grande Portage.

The Herbert Gold Property is host to at least six main composite vein-fault structures that contain ribbon structure quartz-sulfide veins and lies prominently within the 160km long Juneau gold belt, which has produced nearly seven million ounces of gold through a total depth range of thousands of feet. Grande Portage conducted an initial drill program in the fall of 2010. The results from the drilling program confirm the identification of major elements of a complex mesothermal gold-quartz system with numerous targets. Subsequently, the Company has conducted follow up drill programs of with a total of 108 diamond drill holes from ten different platforms. The results have been most favorable with numerous multi-ounce gold assays returned.

Grande Portage has also been active in gold-copper mineral exploration on its Merry Widow Project site located at the north end of Vancouver Island in British Columbia. The property is located in the 110 year old mining district of mineral-rich B.C. and has enjoyed four past producing mines (3 open pit, 1 underground). With a 10 kilometre geophysical target identified, drilling operations at Merry Widow have returned excellent results.

Grande Portage is operated by experienced managers and professionals who have been effective in discovery, mine development, and mining operations throughout North and South America, Africa, Europe, and Central Asia. The Company is well financed with no debt.


Herbert Gold Property, Alaska:


Key facts and information about our Herbert Gold Property include:
  • Revised NI#43-101 completed (Indicated resource of 821,100 tonnes containing 182,400 oz of gold at 6.91 g/t. Inferred resource of 51,600 tonnes containing 12,800 oz of gold at 7.73 g/t)
  • The system is open to length and depth.
  • Grande Portage ("GPG") has earned a 65% interest in the Herbert Gold Property. Its joint venture partner, Quaterra Resources Inc. (TSX-V: "QTA", NYSE Amex: "QMM"), holds the remaining 35% interest.
  • The property is located 30 km north of Juneau, Alaska, and lies within the 160-km long Juneau gold belt, which has produced nearly seven million ounces of gold.
  • GPG has already identified 6 or more promising gold-producing main composite vein-fault structures containing ribbon structure quartz-sulfides on the property.
  • Herbert Gold is one of Alaska's most promising districts and has remained remarkably underexplored until now.
  • 2011/12 drilling yielded numerous multi-ounce gold intercepts.
  • 3rd year of baseline environmental water studies now completed.